St. Antony's Convent School derives its name from St. Anthony of Padua. A native of Lisbon, Portugal, St. Antony was baptized Ferdinand Bouillon He joined the Canons Regular of St. Augustine in 1210. But the sight of the bodies of the first Franciscan Martyrs brought back fromMorocco 10 years later inflamed him with a desire for martyrdom. His brethren therefore permitted himto join the newly founded Mendicant Order of St. Francis D' Assisi.Humble to the core, Anthony considered his preaching and ministry, nay his whole life, as a service,thereby winning over innumerable souls for Christ; lasting reconciliation of enemies took place,common debtors were released from prison, brigands turned to an honest trade, wrongful gains wererestored, and civil governments enacted beneficial laws to correct abuses. Antony died on 13 June 1231 aged barely 36, was canonized a year later and was declared “Doctor” in 1946 by Pope Pius XII. He is the Patron of Portugal, of travelers, of pregnant and barren women, and of the poor. He is also commonly invoked for the recovery of lost articles and by persons in danger of shipwreck. The relic of this great saint, whose name in Greek means “priceless”, happens to be what was his priceless asset, viz., his tongue, the organ with which he gave Padua and Lisbon the breath of God's love. Found glowing with freshness and redness amidst the corruption of the rest of his remains, the tongue is enshrined in the basilica built for him in 1263. “O blessed tongue, which has always praised God and set on fire the hearts of men with His holy love! It is evident that you have gained untold merits in the Lord's sight!” May St. Antony Intercedes for Us .